Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wild Thing

Good morning!
I'm here to share with you all a fun anniversary card I made for my husband:
I just love all their sketches over there at Mojo Monday! Julee does a fabulous job of coming up with great sketches every week. So thank you, Julee!
Now this is my second try at this card. the first card is the same except after mulling it over in my mind I decided I hated the look of the focal image. It just did not seem to match with the fun papers so I ripped it off the card and started over. It took me the second time to get it the way I wanted but I am much happier with it now.
Here is what the first one looked like:
I had use white cardstock for the background and inked the leaves in Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn distress inks. Then I inked the over it with Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint. Then for the cheetah I stamped the body in Scattered Straw then stamped the spots and facial features in Tuxedo Black on white cardstock. I didn't like the stark white around the cheetah so I inked the edges with Scattered Straw. The grass border is white cardstock inked with Crushed Olive and Mowed Lawn. After I put it on the card it looked out of place with fun papers. I think it was too artsy if you know what I mean. So after looking at it all evening the next day I started all over.
Here is my second try:
I am much happier with this. Not so artsy with all the ink and I did the cheetah on light yellow cardstock instead of white, stamped the leaves on light green cardstock and didn't stamp the them so close together.The grass border is the same light green cardstock as the circle. I also used a plain round circle on it and inked the edges of the larger circle with  Scattered Straw. I love it so much better. It is harder to tell the difference by the photos compared to real life but there is a big difference between the two.
I adhered the sentiment strip right onto the bottom edge of the circle . I added the heart shape over the word "heart" then added pop up dots to adhere the whole thing to card. I added the pen stitching with a red Glaze pen which adds a bit of shine and dimension.
I stamped happy anniversary in the upper left corner in Tuxedo Black ink and is from Papertrey Inks Mega Messages. The other sentiment and cheetah image are also Papertrey Ink stamps from It's a Jungle Out There. The leaf is an old stamp from Rubber Stampede.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
Teresa


2 comments:

  1. OHHH! I absolutely love love love that cheetah! I LOOOOOVE the papers you've used-- perfect for this card! FAB card all around:)

    THANKS for stopping by my blog-- your comment totally made my day! BLESSINGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Teresa! Happy Anniversary and many, many more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.