Monday, July 22, 2013

Thanks So Much

 Hello! Here it is the beginning of another week. Boy, July is just flying by and so is summer.
Today I have something a little different. I'll start by showing my card:
 
 Here is the sketch I used:       
I don't remember how I ran across Sketchbook Saturday Challenge but I always love finding new sketch challenge to try.
Now here is where things are a little different. Friday I bought a new stamp set from My Favorite Things. When I opened the packaging I thought it was too pretty to throw it away.
Here it is: ( I had already cut it apart)
I cut off the decorative ends and then cut the scalloped and strips from the white with the flowers.
I layered the cut strips on gray cardstock and left the middle open which is where I strayed a bit from the sketch. The  "thanks so much" stamp is from Papertrey Ink. I inked the edges of the gray cardstock with Black Soot distress ink.
The layered paper flowers are Creative Memories and a pink brad in the center. I sprayed the entire flower with Perfect Pearls.
 
Here is a close up so you can see the shimmer of the Perfect Pearls.
I added some leaves from my stash to finish off the flower and card.
I was too late with my card to link it up over at Sketchbook Saturday :(  but look forward to playing again.

Have a great week!

Teresa




4 comments:

  1. Oh you resourceful girl!!! Love it!

    Giving new life to something that would likely have ended up in the recycle bin is so clever, creative and so kind to our environment. This pretty piece of packaging has morphed into a stunning card! Awesome job creating the panels. The flower is beautiful - especially with the Perfect Pearls! Too bad that you were a bit too late to link it up to the challenge at Sketchbook Saturday :(

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello Teresa!

    Thanks for popping by my blog! So nice of you!!
    Hope your summer is going as you plan and you enjoy it!

    I have never heard of Saturday Sketches, cool, and you have a great take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Teresa! Love your take on the sketch especially that gorgeous layered flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.