Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Celebrate Today!

Hello my fellow bloggers and crafters!
Whew! I have just finished a tough challenge (for me any way) over at Moxie Fab World. It's called The Birthday Sketched Challenge. You could go two ways with the challenge: either use the sketch with only stamps or no stamps at all. I decided to do the stamps only. Big mistake for me. You should have seen my desk when I was done. Tons of stamps, ink pads and I think I had all of my acrylic blocks out too. But I did it and I'm pretty happy with the out come although it took me lots of tries. I wanted so badly to add paper, texture, ribbon just something! Let me tell you it was so hard not to use any thing other than stamps.
Any way here is my card:
 
I think it looks better in real life. It might help to click on it to make it larger.
Here is the sketch that was provided by the talented Betsy Veldman:

 
I used the flip flop image because the card is for our neighbor who seems to live in flip flops even when the weather is wet or cold. Also we have been to Hawaii with them a couple of times so I wanted a tropical theme.
 I stamped the image three times using a different ink each time. I used Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade and Mowed Lawn distress inks
The leaf border is stamped in the Mowed LawnLots of different stamps were used. In fact  every stamp I used on this card was from a different stamp set.
 Both sentiments were stamped in Spiced Marmalade. The Happy Birthday is from a Papertrey Ink set and Celebrate Today is a Hero Arts wood stamp.
On the inside the sentiment is from a Hero Arts set and the leaves and border is from an Inkadinkado set. Unfortunately I smeared some ink on the card so I had to stamp another set of leaves around the sentiment. I don't care for the second set but I guess it looks better than the smear of green ink. :(
Since I still had all my stamps out I stamped the envelope too and added two more stamps from two different stamp sets. I used the three same colors of ink as I did on the card.
Seriously I never would have thought it would be so hard to use stamps only but I did it and am pretty pleased how it turned out (well except for the smudge. That really bugs me.)
If you like to make cards with only stamps please tell me. I would love to see how you created yours.
Thanks,
Teresa

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the challenge! It's a beautiful CAS card, the bold colors you chose really help the images pop off the page. Great card Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch!! Great card & envelope. I had a hard time just using stamps as well but in the end I really liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE that you decorated the inside!! That's awesome-- an inspiration for sure because I don't do that EVER! LOL!

    FAB card-- love that flip flop stamp! It fits the sketch perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Teresa! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.