Saturday, July 13, 2013

Verve Sketch and Shabby Tea Room Challenge

Hello Friends! This card today is sort of an artsy card. (well for me anyway) I used paint instead of ink and I am really pleased with the results. It isn't a new technique just new to me. I have always loved the look of a sentiment stamped over a swipe of paint and yesterday I finally took the plunge and tried it.

 For the color inspiration I used the pretty photo from The Shabby Tea Room, Cherry Pie
 The white kitchen with red accents is so fresh. I also took green from the plant and pretty blue from the glass jars.

 The chipboard flower was painted in Barn Door Distress ink the center of the flower is Broken China. I covered both in Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. (UTEE) This stuff is awesome! I have had this jar of UTEE for several years and this is the first time I have used it. I used about three layers of the UTEE. After it had dried I decided to use some light blue seed beads in the center of the flower so I added Glossy Accent to the center and added the beads then let it dry. I cut a short piece of green  ribbon from Papertrey Ink cut the ends and folded it and adhered it behind the flower.
I took Pool Acrylic Paint Dabber from Adirondack, another product I've had for several years and never used. I poured a very small amount on my craft sheet and used a foam brush to paint white cardstock. I then stamped my Sentiment from Verve with Versamark Watermark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. Then cut it out using  a Spellbinder's die. I adhered it to the card with pop up dots .
I love the pretty floral print from DCWV Matstack, Citrus. It had all the colors from the inspirational photo. I then matted it with blue and red cardstock so it would stand out more.
I couldn't resist using the foam paint brush and Pool acrylic paint to paint the edges of the white card base. The red cardstock background was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Thanks so much for dropping by!

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Wow - this card is sporting some really cool techniques....all of which I have never tried either! Spectacular results venturing into unknown crafting territory and creating this beauty!

    I love the look of the embossed sentiment on the painted background. Totally artsy and totally cool! The painted edges are the perfect finishing touch! Love the UTEE flower - especially the seed beads :)

    ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! Love the stamping! Glad you finally used your stash....I need to use my UTEE too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card :) It looks amazing!
    thank you for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.