Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hi There!

Hello! I have another card to share with you all. 
First up is my card:
It all came together pretty well except for the ribbon and leaves I had an issue with but figured it after a bit of trial and error.
I used the ColourQ #199 for the color inspiration. I tried my best to match the colors with what I had so I hope I am close enough to their colors. I love the photo where the colors came from.
 I used the sketch from Viva La Verve July Week 4 Sketch  Challenge
 I love how unique the sketch is and was so fun to work with.
I'll start with the card base. I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix scalloped die on the right edge then embossed it with a Tim Holtz Alteration embossing folder. I then inked the embossed card base  with Spun Sugar Distress ink and the edges with Worn Lipstick. Next layer is kraft cardstock that I stamped with Hero Arts Envelope background stamp with Versamark Watermark ink and used clear embossing powder. I also distressed inked the edges with Worn Lipstick. I picked a pattern green cardstock for the next layer, rounded the corners and distressed the edges.
The next layer is the banner that is kraft cardstock and stamped in Versamark Watermark ink and embossed with white ink.
 The shape is a die from Papertrey Ink cut from vellum and embossed with Swiss Dot embossing folder and the edges inked with Worn Lipstick. The pale pink paper flowers are inked with Worn Lipstick and the leaves are stamped with Peeled Paint. It took me three tries to get the right size of leaves. I felt like Goldilocks. First set was too big. Then next set were too small. Finally I got it right the third time. :)
I then added the strip of pearls down the left side of the kraft paper. And then I had an issue with the bow. First bow was a dark pink wide grosgrain ribbon and I just didn't like it so I went with a thinner ribbon of the same color. Nope, that didn't work either. Then finally I thought of just using jute twine Ahhh, that was perfect and I was done.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, Teresa, I love that lace edge and the line of pearls! So happy you joined in the fun at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Teresa, I love the pretty blooms and the pearls. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Teresa...amazing attention to the details on your card. Right from your trademark inked edges to the pretty row of pearls!

    Each layer of your card holds sweet tidbits of interest and when put together like you so expertly have done, creates an absolutely beautiful creation that will not doubt leave the recipient in awe of your talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty flowers and displayed beautifully! Love the embossing and the pearls too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and a mix of Olde Worlde and New, with that touch of jute twine. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-230.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! So pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.