Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Bold Happy Birthday

Hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful weekend! I know we have had beautiful weather here so it's been good. Worked out in the gardens yesterday and think I pulled a muscle in my back so no more working in the garden for a few days.
But I can still make cards so I whipped up this card for my husbands birthday in August. We will be camping during his birthday so I knew I would have to make it in advance and not wait till the day before.
Here it is:
I used sketch #20 from Seize the Birthday.

I am also entering it in the ColorQ Challenge #196 The colors are Real Red, More Mustard, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake + White
For the first time I made a window for my focal image. It was pretty easy and I love the look. 
The lighthouse stamp is from Inkadinkado stamped on white cardstock with VersaMark Watermark ink and embossed with Black Sparkle embossing powder. I hope you can see the sparkle in the photo. I inked the circle with Faded Jeans, Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress ink.
I used the deep yellow cardstock for the sentiment, which is from Hero Arts, so the anchor and the sentiment would stand out more.
The anchor stamp and die are from Verve's Strong Anchor die and stamp set. I stamped with VersaMark Watermark ink and silver embossing powder. I punched a hole in the top to thread baker's twine from the Twinery and wrapped it around the anchor.
Thanks for taking a peek at my card and hope you have a wonderful week.
Teresa





6 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Love the nautical theme. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very fun, I love nautical theme, it reminds of my east coast, and sumner, beach house, oh fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE this Teresa! I love the embossed blue with just the touch of red and yellow, plus I love lighthouses. Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that embossing folder ;) Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! This is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Love the colors and your design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.