Friday, July 5, 2013

Horse'n Around

Happy Friday! I'm sure many here in the US are enjoying a long weekend since the 4th was yesterday so I hope you are having a wonderful time.
I have been working on this card that I'm sharing today for three days and finally finished it yesterday morning! I had a crazy idea to use my horse stamp to go with the Mojo Monday sketch even though most  went with flowers and ribbon. It is for my sister's birthday and she, like myself loves horses.
My sister isn't a girly girl but I still wanted it to be a little on the feminine side and is where the problem was. I seriously was wondering whether it was going to work or not until I found the right pattern paper.
Here is my card:
Here is the lovely Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #300
They are celebrating their 300th challenge over at Mojo Monday so if you have time you should check out what all is going on over there. Fun times for sure!
I am also entering this card for the current challenge, Playing Favorites over at A Blog Named Hero.
It's pretty simple just use your favorite HA stamp or product on a new card or project. I used a favorite stamp from HA, which was this horse stamp:
It is old but I had just pulled it out last month and have been using it again. I really do enjoy taking something that I haven't used in forever and make it new again by applying new papers and techniques which make me fall in love with it again.
Here is the other birthday card I made with the same stamp if you would like to see it. It's funny because I also used a Mojo Monday sketch to create it too.
 I didn't want to go with brown for the barn shutter so instead I stamped the stalls Barn Door and used clear embossing ink before inking them with worn lipstick. I then inked the outside with Walnut Stain to tone down the red.
The horse is stamped with Timber Brown Memento ink and clear embossing powder. I then used Antique Linen distress ink & Vintage brown which I stamped on my craft mat and spritzed each color with water before coloring the horse image.
 There was a hook that was where the brad is holding the rope. I cut it off and used the brad instead. The dark brown banner or flag, whichever way you prefer to call it, was dry embossed using wood grain embossing folder. I fussy cut the rope and stamped the image onto white cardstock using Walnut Stain Distress ink.
 I stamped "For my- sister" on the background paper with Timber Brown Memento Ink.I used a brad for the dot on the i in Sister. I decided to add a couple of wraps of jute at the top of the banner to help balance out the card.
I added 3 brads in the upper left corner and did pen stitching around the entire card. I decided the background was too plain so I grabbed my cuttlebug and my brand new never before used  Chicken Wire embossing folder.
Look at all that detail. The dry embossing really added a lot to the card.
Well, that's it for this post. Not sure that I'm thrilled with the way this card turned out but it's done.
Have a good day!

Teresa


6 comments:

  1. Great tie in of all these rustic elements to make a really fun card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card, Teresa! I love it! I can see that a lot of love and work went into the making of this card! The dry embossing really adds the perfect touch... Now I have to find a chicken wire embossing folder to add to my collection... it is so cool! =) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, Teresa -I love that horse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card, and I like that embossed background too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful details on this great card! Thanks so much for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.