Saturday, June 1, 2013

You Are My Anchor

Here is a little weekend inspiration this morning. I have found if I get up a little earlier in the morning I can get in more and better crafting time. Also I seem to have better creative mojo in the mornings than in the evening. By the time I am done for the day and have time to work on cards sometimes I am just too tired to be creative. Plus I can see  colors better in the sunlight verses artificial light.
Here is my Father's Day card for my husband:
I used this pretty sketch from Cardabilities.
.
 I stayed with the black, gray and white color scheme that I used for my dad's card, A True Classic as I really love the crisp and classy look of these colors together.
 I used my lovely new Verve Stamps and die. I stamped the rope circle on a journal card with black ink then die cut it with a Spellbinder die. I backed it with pattern paper & die cut with a larger die. The scalloped strips are scraps that worked perfectly for the sketch. And you can see I was able to work in a little baker's twine in keeping with my self imposed challenge to use it verses just letting it sit and look pretty on my shelf. LOL. The anchor was stamped in watermark ink and embossed with silver embossing powder then die cut. I inked all the edges with black ink to give more definition between the layers.
 I stamped the sentiment in black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. The "Happy Father's Day" sentiment is stamped with watermark ink and embossed with silver
 I used some of the leftover paper to decorate the inside. I have started to do this on the inside of my cards since it not only looks nice but is a good way to use up scraps. It's not that fancy but it does add a bit of niceness on the inside and gives a bit of continuity to the card.

Well, that is all I have for today. The sun is out so I think I will work outside today and get caught up in my gardens.
Thanks for the visit and Happy Weekend to you all!

Teresa


6 comments:

  1. A super fun masculine card, Teresa! I love your use of twine!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardabiltites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is so beautifully elegant in a perfect manly way - I think it is the colors! The nautical theme is so trendy right now and you have totally riding that wave with the elements of your card! Love how you ran the baker's twine along the length of the card!

    What a nice surprise to find that the inside also holds some design treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Father's Day card or masculine card for any occasion. What a lovely sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardabilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and just the perfect card for a dad. I love Verve stamps and love Spellbinders so it couldn't be better! Thanks for sharing it with all of us on the Cardabilities blog this time!! Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Father's day card! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.