Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Finds

I don't have anything creative to share today although I really want to show you what I was working on today. It isn't finished so it will have to wait for another day.
I do have a couple of photos that I took when I was out this afternoon sweeping the deck, porch and patio after all the wind we had last night left quite a mess.
My hanging baskets don't get enough  sun hanging under the eaves of the porch so I move them down to the deck or on the patio table so they can get more sunshine and the geraniums can get enough sun to bloom. Well today I noticed this little nest in one of the hanging baskets:
The tiny nest has one lonely soft, brown speckled egg laying in the center. I noticed the inside was white and upon closer inspection I saw it was the long hair from our dog. Unfortunately I doubt the little bird will come back now that it's home has been moved.  I didn't see mama bird the whole time I was outside. At least our nest of robins out front are doing well and getting big. I think there is at least two baby robins in the nest and now they are stretching their wings. I'm sure it won't be long before we see them trying out there wings. I will miss watching them when they leave their nest. 
I also noticed my herbs and pepper plant are growing by leaps and bounds. 
This is how they looked when I first potted them.
There was lots of room for them to grown. Now it is full.
There are even little baby peppers forming. The only concern I have is it said they were orange peppers. So far they are green but according to my husband all peppers start out green and change color as they mature. I don't know about that but we will find out soon enough.
I thought I would also share some of my summer blooms that I took last week while working out in the gardens and just never got around to sharing. These are Foxglove which grow in the wild here but look pretty in gardens.
 These pink pretties are so pretty this year.
 I wish I had more of them.
 These lilies are my favorites and bloom so beautiful every year.
 And I love their orange color.
I hope you enjoyed a quick tour of my summer flowers. I will have more flowers start to bloom in a week or two. I can't wait to see their pretty blooms.
See ya later!

Teresa




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.