Thursday, May 30, 2013

A True Classic

I realized today that Father's Day is not far away and my Dad's birthday will be coming shortly after. So with that in mind as I sat down to create a card I pulled out the stamp set Twist and Shout from Fiskars. It has a 50's theme but today it was the old car I was interested in.
I used this sketch from Deconstructed Sketches
As soon as I saw the sketch I thought it was perfect for a masculine card and it was. I am very happy with the way it turned out.
 I went with black and white for the color scheme. It just seemed to fit the car theme. I stayed true to the sketch with a few minor exceptions. I moved the banner to the very top of the card, the baker's twine is under the banner and I added a piece of ribbon at the bottom.
 I love baker's twine and bought 12 colors of it a while back. It looks so pretty in the glass pot I keep it in but I just seem to forget about it. So I am making an effort to include a bit of baker's twine in my projects.
Oh, and by the way here is the inside of the card. I am of course going to add a sentiment inside a little later.
 Have a wonderful evening!

Teresa



4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic masculine yard Teresa, I love the use of the black and white!

    Wow, you do have lots of bakers twine! I have to admit, thats one thing I have never gotten into. I think I have 2 or 3 from StampinUp but thats it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection - don't forget to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-222.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful masculine card! Thanks for joining us for DS103!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Teresa! Excellent use of the sketch and the baker's twine. Your dad will love it, I am sure! So glad you could play along with us this week! Have a wonderful day! (Isn't this gorgeous weather we are having?!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.