Sunday, June 2, 2013

Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Shabby Shutters...

...are some of my favorite Tim Holtz distress inks! Of course I really do love all of his ink colors but these three are really gorgeous together.
I made this card yesterday using those three colors:
 My goodness, June is a busy card month isn't it? Between graduation, birthdays and Father's Day I keep very busy making cards. I am so thankful for those who create sketches for us to use as inspiration. They are such a quick way to get the creative juices flowing.
When I saw this sketch from My Favorite Sketch Challenge I knew it was perfect for a graduation card I needed to make.
I started with a piece of sticky back canvas and Grow Your Wings butterfly Itty Bitty stamp from Unity. I inked it with Versamark Watermark ink and stamped it on the sticky back canvas and dried it with the heat gun. The Versamark Watermark ink creates a resist for the ink. Next I inked the canvas with the three colors of ink using the inking tool.  I distressed all the edges of papers and decided all the cardstock except for the black background for the base of the card needed to be dry embossed. I used my two favorite embossing folders: Swiss Dots and the swirly folder (can't remember it's real name). The card was coming together quite nicely but something was missing. Even the pattern paper didn't give it the boost I was hoping for. Going on I punched the loopy double border from Martha Stewart from white cardstock then inked it with Peacock Feathers.
The sentiment is stamped on white cardstock with black in then the edges are inked with Broken China. I still thought it was lacking something. So When all else fails add more ink :) which is what I did. I inked up the green pattern paper with Peeled Paint and when I layered it all back together it was all good. So I adhered it all together.
For the inside I used a journaling card, inked the edges with Broken China, stamped Happy Graduation in black at the top then added the dreams sticker. I had to use a 5x7" card to get everything to fit nicely. I usually use the A2 size but the butterfly image was a bit too big for the A2. 
I always feel really artsy when I get to use and play with a lot of ink and sticky back canvas!
One grad card down and one more to go.

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Teresa! Thank you so much for stopping by today and your sweet words about my Gallery Idol card!

    hese ink colors really are an awesome combo! But that canvas - wow! Stunning creation! The butterfly image is so beautiful it could have been framed. I love the embossing folders - the texture on this card is divine! Thanks for sharing this winged beauty with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.