Monday, February 28, 2011

Valentine Project and Cards

Today is the last day of February so I had better post my Valentine's Day cards and project before I forget. I didn't post them before just to make sure it was a surprise for those receiving them. So here they are now:




I bought the paper from the dollar spot at Target two years ago. It was just 6x6 sheets of paper but I made cards and  bookmarks with it last year and more cards again this year and still have plenty left over.

Using Scarlet Glimmer Mist I sprayed the doily to give it color and shimmer. Next I layered a white circle of cardstock over the doily. I punched a scalloped circle out of pattern paper and layered that over the white cardstock. For this card I had pink glittered chipboard letters for the X and O that I centered over the scalloped circle. I used Stamps of Life stamps to stamp the "daughter" and "For our" with Color Box red ink.
The little heart in the upper left is punched with CM heart maker out of white cardstock then inked using Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I then used Chandelier Glitter Glam to add some sparkle to it. I stamped "for you" from Stamps of Life and cut it out and adhered it to the heart. I used Technique Tuesday stamps for the X and O stamping it with red ink and embossing with clear embossing powder. The border punch I used on the background is from Fiskars.

Next is the gift boxes. This is a repurposed project. I used the clear boxes that my Papertrey Ink stamps come in.
I used regular rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball to remove the adhesive. It worked really well.
Next I made the bottom layer of the belly band out of red cardstock and adhered it to the box. Then I used the same Fiskar border punch and punched both sides of a white strip of cardstock making it about 1/2" wider than I wanted it since the border punch will cut off about 1/4". I used the same heart maker which has 2 different sized heart shapes. Punching one of each size from white cardstock. On the larger heart I inked it with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and used painted Chandelier Glitter Glam over the ink when it was dry. On the smaller heart I stamped with love using the red ink from Color Box and adhered a small heart punched from red cardstock and painted with Glitter Glam. I also used the red ink to ink just the edges of the sm white heart.
Next I stamped the flourishes on both sides of the heart with red ink and embossed with clear embossing powder and adhered it to the red band. It seems to work better to adhere them seperately to the box instead of together. The last step was to fill the box with candy and it was ready to give. Easy peasy.




  

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.