Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baby Card, Envelope & Tags

Here is a card, envelope and tags I made for a baby shower. I had fun digging out my baby stamps since it has been years since I last used them.
The ink is all Tim Holtz distress ink: Wild Honey and Vintage photo. The stamps are Hero Arts: Bundle of Joy and the baby booties stamp is from Raindrops on Roses. The envelope I just used 3 different stamps and Vintage Photo to stamp the images along the edge. Pretty simple. On the green background paper of the card I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot embossing folder. I made the borders with 2 border punches, both from Martha Stewart and the white scallop is a Papertrey Ink die. I used Glitter Glam on the heart for some sparkle and shine.

This is the first time making a paper rosette. I had to make about 4 before I got the hang of it. They are a little tricky to make and you have to have patience to let the glue dry. I used a 12"x 1" strip on this tag and a 6 or 7 "x 3/4" strip on the card. I then used the Martha Stewart scoring board and made a score mark every half inch. Next you fan fold and glue the edges. Use a strong glue. I used Glossy Accents from Rangers and it worked well. I also used Glossy Accents to glue the baby booties on top of the rosette. Once the ends are dry (this is the tricky part and takes some practice) you scrunch the edges to form a circle and push it down to fan out. I hope this makes sense as it is hard to explain without photos. Punch a circle of paper large enough to fit the rosette or just a bit smaller and cover with double sided tape and I also swirled Glossy Accents on top of the tape. Stick the rosette on the taped and glued circle and put something on top of it with a little weight to hold it there ( I used the bottle of glue). I then glued the rosette to a large scalloped circle that I had inked the edges of.
Next I made this tag with the CM tag punch, stamped the sentiment and stork with Vintage Photo and embossed with clear embossing powder, repeated the same borders as the card except I the large scallop and inked the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.