Thursday, February 3, 2011

Twenty Card Workshop

Warning! Very long post!
Here are all 20 cards that I made from the Twenty Card Workshop! Well except for the one I posted earlier because I had to send it before the rest were finished.
I chose the black/white color scheme and the splash of red hoping for dramatic and classic cards. Going with that color scheme I could use some of the cards for men. My pattern paper was double sided giving me more options. I used Creative Memories pattern paper and cardstock and the paper flowers and frames were also from CM.
Here is a closer look at each of the cards.

Card #6 I made these into a wedding card and a hello card. The die cut teapot is from Paper Trey Ink (PTI)


Card #4 I really like these two cards. On the You're so sweet card everything is from CM except for the Chipboard heart button. Instead of threading floss or thread through the holes I used red gemstones. On the Happy Birthday card I personalized it by putting the age of the recipient. The number dies are from PTI. After die cutting them I used an embossing folder called Swiss Dots from Provo Craft. It is one of my favorite embossing folders. If I could only have one embossing folder this would be the one.
Card #7 The workshop makes 10 different designs, two of each design. I am posting each design separately and with the two cards I made from that one design. So you can see that even though they were made the same way they look totally different and can be used for different occasions. One is for a birthday and the other is a Valentines card. Even though I used some of the same things like paper frames and rick rack they turned out very different due to the embellishments and stamps I used.
Card #8 On these two I kept it simple and just used stamps except I ran the red cardstock on the love card through the Swiss Dot embossing folder then dragged a black stamp pad over the raised dots. I also drew the lines around the cards with a black pen.
Card #10 This design was fun although I changed it up a bit from the original design. For the tab they used the same cardstock as the background (light gray). I thought it didn't stand out enough to be worth the effort of making the tab. What I did was to go ahead and make the tab out of cardstock then make another one out of the pattern paper and adhere the two together because the pattern paper would not be strong enough to use on its own. I also chose to use the backside of the flourish black and white paper. I thought it added more interest to the card. Again I used red gemstones on the chipboard hearts instead of thread.
Card #5 On several of the designs I inked the edges of the card and left the other card plain which helped to give them different looks. On the Birthday Wishes card I simply stamped an image in the square then stamped the sentiment and the butterfly in the corner. Now this Thank You card is my least favorite. I do not like the way the bird came out. I think it is ugly but left it. I stamped the image with Versa Mark ink on white paper which left the imaged ebossed and white. Then I took Tim Holtz Peeled Paint and Fired Brick Distress Ink and colored the image. The embossed areas resist the ink leaving them the image white. I then traced around the stamped image leaving a fairly wide border.
Card #9 I really like these to cards. Simple and clean which is my style. The red heart is a felted button which I threaded with red and white bakers twine and the thinking of you sticker is an epoxy sticker so it is shiny and raised.
Card #2 I used a paper frame and stamped the sentiment and a butterfly inside the frame and adding a paper flower in the corner. The other one is my very favorite out of all the cards. I made a paper red rick rack border with an EK Success border punch and I made the flower using pages from an old dictionary. Using a flower punch I punched six flowers, inked the edges with Fired Brick Distress Ink and crumpled each flower then stacked them on top of each other and adhered them together using glue dots. For the center of the flower I used a gemstone flower. I stamped the sentiment and a butterfly in the lower corner.
Card #3 I used both of these cards as congratulation cards. On the Good Luck one I inked the edges of the card, stamped a square frame and embossed it then in the middle of the frame I put a epoxy sticker, stamped congrats and added some black gemstones after the sentiment and it was done. For the other one I just stacked three different sizes of CM flowers and stamped the sentiment and was done.
Card #1 And here is the last design. There is only one card because the other remember I had to send out. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. I used a white piece of paper and stamped it in opposite corners using Versa Mark Ink. So it left the Images white. Next with a script stamp and using Vintage Photo Distress Ink I stamped the background. I just used a damp paper towel to wipe the ink off the Versa Mark inked images as the Versa Mark acts as a resit. Next I inked the whole piece with Worn Lipstick then Fired Brick blending it with the lighter Worn Lipstick. I then used Black Soot for just the edges. To finish it I stamped the oval Friendship frame and embossed it with black embossing powder. Then I just cut it out and adhered it the center.

That's it. All twenty cards. So I hope you can see how different each card is even though you use the same paper. Using different embellishments (and I even changed the design a bit on a few) can change the look completely
If you are interested in this workshop just leave a message in a comment or send me an email.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Teresa, Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog. You have made some wonderful cards here. I've enjoyed looking at them all. I especially love this set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.