Monday, July 16, 2012

Tea For Two

Today's card was made with a sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping and here is the sketch:
 Check out their website to see how others interpreted the sketch: http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/2012/07/199.html
And here is my take on the sketch:
I don't think you can get much more simpler than this card. All that was used was stamps and paper but I love the way it turned out.
 The stamps and die are from Papertrey Ink, "Tea For Two" and I used Concord Grape, Peeled Paint and Faded Jeans Distress Inks. I was just going to use the white card base for the background but it seemed a little too plain. I started to play around with different colors and finally decided on the dark brown.
The brown really makes the cups pop. The sentiment is stamps on white cardstock with black ink then the ends trimmed in a v shape.
And that's it! No foam dots, inked edges and I even refrained from using perfect pearls on the cups because I  didn't want the card to be too girly.
Wishing everyone a great week!
Teresa

2 comments:

  1. WOW your card turned out just ab fab. It caught my eye on the FTL list immediately. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable thank you card! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.