Sunday, July 29, 2012

So Many Candles

I made this card for my husband's 50th birthday that is in a little over a week from now. I had a already planned to use a different sketch but then I saw this sketch from Retro sketches http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/2012/07/retrosketches-22.html

and decided this would work better.
Here is how the card turned out:
 I don't usually make square cards mainly because they cost a bit more to mail but I will not be mailing this card so I went with the square shape.
The candle stamp is from Hero Arts and I stamped it three times with Versamark Watermark ink then embossed it with black sparkle embossing powder on the gray dot pattern paper.
 I then stamped the candles three more times on striped pattern paper the same way except I cut out the candles and glued the striped candles onto the stamped candles on the gray pattern paper.
I made my own sentiment with some small letter stamps from Technique Tuesday. It took some time and a bit of patience on my part to get all the letters straight and even.
 
I was looking for a zigzag border punch when I ran across the "drippy border" punch from Martha Stewart (I don't know the correct name for the punch) and thought it could represent dripping candle wax or icing melting from the heat of sooo many candles. { hee hee}
 Instead of a button on the paper ribbon srtip I used a green and white chipboard piece and added a black punched circle of cardstock to the middle and put the # 50  in white stickers.

We may camping during his birthday but I'm not letting him get off easy. We will be with six or more families so there will be plenty of people to help celebrate the event. I also have a ton of decorations and plan on decorating our trailer and site with all kinds of stuff and I'm lucky there is a Costco nearby so we can have cake too. Just hope everyone can keep it a secret.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.