Saturday, July 14, 2012

Magic Potion

I used this weeks sketch over at The Deconstructed Jen's for the card I am sharing with you today. It's been awhile since I've used a Deconstructed Sketch . I enjoyed playing along and seeing how others interpreted the sketch. 
Here is Jen's sketch;
 Jen has such creative sketches that makes you think out side of the box at times.
Here is what I created with the Deconstructed Sketch #60:

I had been going through some Halloween papers and had just seen a tag that was already punched and I thought to myself I need to use this, as it was made with some of my favorite pattern paper. So when I saw this sketch and I knew the two were meant for each other. I had to change the sketch from a square card to an A2 size so my card looks a bit different.
All the stamps are Studio G dollar stamps. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink  on white CS and embossed with black embossing powder on the Magic Potion image. After cutting the image out I used Pumice Stone distress ink to color the image making the edges darker.
The Happy Halloween sentiment is stamped with the same ink but not embossed. I used a light gray CS and inked the edges with Black Soot Distress ink. I then inked the edges of all pieces of paper before adhering it altogether. I added the orange and purple gemstones to balance out the left side of the card and added ribbon and twine to the tag.

Hope you enjoyed my card and give the sketch a try over at Deconstructed  Sketches http://deconstructingjen.com/archives/6157

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Great Halloween card Teresa! I love that potion bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Halloween card! I think that of all the card making seasons, Halloween is one of my favorites cuz I just love the orange/green/purple combo! Thanks for the nice compliment on my US Sketch card!

    PS gotta love those Studio G dollar stamps. Their pigment ink is pretty decent as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love the papers you used and the stamps! Thanks for using this week's Deconstructed sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.