Follow by Email

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Feel Better Soon

Finally I found time to make a card using this wonderful sketch from Mojo Monday #250. I have been dying all week to use it and today was THE day!
Here is the sketch:
 And this is what I put together.:
 Now this type of sketch is not easy for me since I am more of a CAS person but the all the banners lured me to the sketch 'cause I seem to like banners. 
I started out with the bottom layers and worked my way to the top then I picked my stamps and embellishments last. Usually I start with my stamp images and work from there but today was different.
The paper is all from DCWV Citrus Matstack. It has such vibrant colors and pretty floral prints.
 I knew I was making this a get well card so I picked Tea For Two stamp set from Papertrey Ink and used the teapot die that matches the stamp. Well I ended up die cutting the paper from the wrong side but actually that worked out because I wanted the teapot to face towards the right side of the card not the left. But that posed another problem. That meant I couldn't use the matching stamp because now it was going the wrong way. Now what was I to do! So I came up with idea to ink the edges of the teapot with Spiced Marmalade then added pen stitching. I'm still not happy with the teapot I may try to find something else to add to it. Maybe a small flower or something.
 The doily stamp is also Papertrey Ink and I stamped it with Broken China onto white cardstock than inked it with Tumbled Glass distress ink before fussy cutting it out and cutting it in half. I die cut and embossed a white cardstock circle and inked the edges with Spiced Marmalade.
 The sentiment is stamped with Versa Mark watermark ink and embossed with black sparkle embossing powder. I fussy cut a flower from some of the pattern paper and  made ribbon leaves for it. I just learned how to make them from the sweet Melisa Phillips blog:http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/lilybeans_paperie/2012/07/stamp-a-faire-ribbon-techniques.html
She has a video on how to make three different ribbon leaves. Please visit her blog to watch her short video. I have had a small piece of ribbon floating around my desk for about a month that I just couldn't bear to throw away. Imagine how great I felt when I got to use it on my card today!!
I used foam adhesives to adhere the teapot to the doilie and white circle to add some dimension to the card.
 I have nodded off a couple of times now so I need to get this posted before I fall asleep at the computer :).
Hope everyone is enjoying family time and having a wonderful weekend.
Teresa

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, the details are amazing and drew me in...hope you have a fabby day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! I love those bright colors and happy patterns:) Wonderful take on this sketch! Thanks so much for popping by my blog! Hope you are having a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolute amazing! How do you come up with these great layering ideas? The doily under the tea pot it perfect! I also love how you 'connect' the elements (like popping one of the flowers from the panel onto the green ribbon). AND, the ribbon end banner ties in perfectly with the ribbon end on your main layer! Composition perfection at its best!

    PS I am glad that you liked my 'cow bell' on my card! Dear hubby (actually my best critic) thought it looked lame...he just didn't get cow = bell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card. Love the beautiful dp and layers. Just gorgeous! ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great Teresa! Thats a lot of layers but you combined everything to get a really pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. I'm a firm believer that a cup of tea makes everything better

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.