Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sweet Little Cupcake

Today I thought I would share with you the other cupcake card I designed for our little cupcake store here in Silverdale. I had so much fun making these cards that I also made up four different designs of cupcake tags! I unfortunately didn't take photos of the tags before putting them in the shop. But if you live here you could certainly drop by the Bella Bella Cupcake shop and see them there. I just dare you not to eat a cupcake though. Their cupcakes are so pretty as well as tasty.

 
I am in love with the colors of the paper. Too bad it is an old CM paper pack and I don't have any left except for scraps.
I inked the edges of a white doily and layered it on top of a larger circle of light yellow  paper. I inked the edges of the paper with the same ink as the doily and stamped a border in the same distress ink.
For the sentiment I had already die cut a bunch of banners and stamped them with different sentiments. Lucky there was a birthday one so I just grabbed it an inked the edges with the distress ink and adhered it to the card.
The really fun part was making the cupcake. I paper pieced it by stamping the cupcake stamp on some pattern paper and cutting out just the cup part. Next I stamped it again on brown cardstock and embossed the ink to make the frosting swirls stand out more. I then misted just the frosting top with Pearl Mist to give it a nice shimmer. When I adhered the cupcake bottom I used a thin dimensional dot and on the frosting I used a thicker dimensional dot so it looked like the frosting was over the cup.
In the next few posts I should have some Halloween cards, tags and cupcake picks to share with you.
Till then I hope you all can enjoy the last bit of summer before the days start getting chilly. I have noticed how short the days are already. It's sad because we are just now enjoying our summer here. Sure hope it's a short winter this year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I wanted to say thanks for the comments on Moxie Fab World. I am so tickled - pinch me! I am happy to know you and I plan to keep my eye on this amazing blog. I love how you used the doily on this cute card. Thanks again, Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.