Monday, August 1, 2011

Lavender Fields of Blue

This birthday card was for my aunt who has loved the color blue for as long as I can remember. It is always easy to decide on the color for her card. BLUE.
Sorry the photos are not very good. I had to make it and send it quick and the lighting was not very good when I took the photos nor was the location but it is better then not getting a picture of it at all.


I used dimensional stickers which was a tag as the focal point of the card. I matted the tag on a scalloped oval and inked the edges of the mat. I used pop up dots to adhere the matted sticker onto the card.

I used the Swiss Dot embossing folder on the yellow cardstock and punched a scalloped border with blue cardstock wrapping yellow twill ribbon and layering a black ribbon with white dots over the twill and knotting it on the right side of the card.
 I threaded a yellow button with white floss and added it to the tag.

I used a dimensional sticker for the sentiment on the inside of the card and matted it on a scalloped oval with the edges inked in black. 

I stamped the sentiment happy birthday on the sticker with black ink.

These stickers were some of the ones I bought at Michaels in their $ section. I have made up ten other cards using the same types of stickers and I love how they all turned out. I am really having fun making cards with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.