Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tags Galore

I was busy making tags last night and thought I would share them with you. They are all about yummy cupcakes.
This first one is paper from the DCWV The Sweet Matstack I stamped a strip of white cardstock with a border and stamped the candle image and best wishes all with Walnut Stain distress ink. I also inked all edges with the same distress ink.

 It is a simple but cute tag.
Next up is one of my favorites from the batch. This one I cut the tag out of the middle part of a doilie with the Creative Memories tag punch and backed it with a kraft tag for stability. I added a strip of pattern paper on the bottom and punched the cupcake with a Martha Stewart punch. The icing is dark brown cardstock that I covered in Glossy Accent and dropped in some white seed beads for sprinkles. I cut two ovals one out of paper and the other from the doilie to make a plate for the cupcake to sit on to ground it. I punched a small tag and stamped it with stamps from Papertry Ink and adhered it with pop up dots. I also used pop up dots on the icing to give the cupcake some dimension.


Here is a better look at the icing. I had so much fun making these cupcakes.
 The ribbon is wired ribbon that I picked up at Michael's in the $ section. I also made another one tag using the same paper but I forgot to take a photo of it. The only difference is instead of the small tag I stamped You're so Sweet on a strip of the soft yellow paper.

This next one is my second favorite. I just bought this DCWV Nana's Kitchen Matstack yesterday to use in the recipe book I'm going to make for my daughter now that she is away at college. But I just had to make some tags with this paper it is sooo cute!


Again I used some leftover doilie pieces for the bottom and added a strip of pattern paper to the bottom of the tag. Next I stamped a border on the strip. I stamped the circle and for you and cupcake all with Walnut Stain Distress ink. I adhered the cupcake after cutting it out with pop up dots onto the middle of the pattern paper strip and. It's too bad the camera didn't pick up all the glitter on the DCWV paper. It is so much prettier in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.