Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tuesday Trigger: Button, Button


I almost didn't get my card done but here it is just under the wire. You can find this weeks Tuesday Trigger here:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/03/tuesday-trigger-button-button.html

Here is the inspiration for this week:
Here is what  I came up with for this weeks trigger:

The flower is made from  six 1 1/2" circles that have been folded into thirds. I punched another circle and covered it with double sided tape then layed the six  folded circles on top of the tape side by side. I also used Walnut Stain distress ink along the edges of the circles
Now here is where the Tuesday Trigger comes in. I used a button for the flower's center and used orange floss. I rarely use buttons. I don't know why because I have a jar full of buttons. I think I just am too lazy to get out the floss and needle. But I used a button today. Yeah me!


The library card holder die is from Papertrey Ink and so are the tickets and banner dies and stamps. I stamped the library card holder with Hero Arts Envelope stamp and Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. I also used Spiced Marmalade and Walnut Stain ink on the tickets. I felt the card was still missing  something so I added the butterfly with the Martha Stewart butterfly punch and used green/white baker's twine for the butterflies antenna's
I am really happy with the card because I used a new technique (the flower), used a button, which I rarely do and the Hero Art stamp, Papertrey ticket & banner stamps and dies have not been used yet. It always makes me happy when I use something new or something old that has been collecting dust for a while.

If you stop by please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.

4 comments:

  1. I love the folded flower! Isn't it a great feeling when you try something new & it works out so well? Love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Teresa! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower is great! I love the look of folded flowers, and the button center just tops it off!
    Thanks for sharing your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the TT challenge! I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.