Monday, March 21, 2011

First Scrapbook Page in Six Months

I finally sat down and did a couple of layouts last week. Yeah! It has been six months since I last scrapbooked. It felt so good to get some pages done.
This first 2 page layout are from 2007 and have been on my mind ever since we took the hike. I had the photos developed but just never got around to getting them scraped for one reason or another. I feel good knowing that they are safely in an album.
Here is the layout:

Click on photo to make it larger.

I didn't scrap all the photos and they aren't any stellar photos either. I just remember how it was a beautiful winter day and we decided to go on a hike. Just the three of us and Nanook. The scenery was so pretty and the river was running fast.


I don't remember how many miles we walked but it was quite a ways. I didn't spend a lot of time on these photos. I just used a template for the design layout, cut 12" border stickers to fit under four of the photos, stamped the title and date on strips of paper and added three punched snowflakes which I added some glitter glam for a little sparkle and was done.


Beautiful mountains, huge trees and ice cream. A perfect day. Although we almost didn't stop for the ice cream because Amber had a indoor soccer game that night and did not want to be late. But in the end she decided we had time for a quick stop but she kept an eye on the time. Soccer was the one thing that she was always on time for.

Again I used a template for the design. I added some cardstock and pattern paper for the title on the right side. The title was actually a photo of the sign that I just cut out. I made the circle embellishment by punching two circles, inking the lighter circle with vintage photo distress ink and layered the two circles together. I punched out the pine trees and adhered them onto the circle and added it to the page. I had a border of pine trees leftover from something that I had saved and thought it would work nicely on this page. I stamped the word Adventure on the page and cut the pine tree border to fit  and I was done.

I have another two page layout done but will save that for tomorrow.
So what have you been working on? Let me know in the comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.