Thursday, March 24, 2011

Graduation 2005

I have a confession to make. I am just now getting around to scrapbooking my sons high school graduation. Now you may be wondering what is wrong with that? I know many times it is years before we scrapbook events or photos that are near and dear to our hearts and that is not the confession or why I feel bad. It's not that he graduated in 2005. Here  is my confession: it is that our daughter just graduated in 2010 and not only did I have her graduation photos documented and safely in a scrapbook but her entire high school years are done as well.

And here is what I believe to be why: (I have just learned something about myself.) I find that I quickly become bored doing masculine pages and can do all the frilly girly pages I want and never get tired of using flowers, ribbons, glitter and all other kinds of bling.

I had actually started an album for my sons graduation and had the photos printed, paper & stickers picked out but that was as far as it got and has been sitting forgotten all these years.

So now I am on a mission to at least finish his graduation and start his high school years. So far I have 2 pages done:

I still have two more pages to do before I will be finished but I want to edit some of the photos I had already printed a little differently and find some of the memorabilia I want to include in the layout.
This page is after he graduated and we took pictures with family and friends. I really liked the template I used to design the page. I used two of the photo spaces for journaling and one for embellishments. I found it hard to come up with embellishments. I used stamps and embossed them, cut them out and adhered some of them with foam adhesive to give some dimension. I used CM Vellum Expressions (the word Son) and a frame also using foam adhesive. I cut a 12" border sticker into four 3" sections and used them under some of the photos. I typed the names of family and friends on pattern paper and put them under the remaining photos.
This page was the party we had for our son and friend. Again I used a template to lay out the photos and just added a border punch that I repeated three times in different colors. Letter stickers were used for the title and a few other stickers were used to embellish a little more. It's not an elaborate page but its done and that is what it's all about.

So leave me a comment and tell me if you have a hard time doing masculine pages too. I would like to know that I am not alone.



1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Love your LOs! Wish I was better at that!!!
    + I wanted to let you know that your comment on Moxie Fab this week made me very, very happy! Thank You so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.