Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Color Yellow

For this weeks Tuesday Trigger I challenged myself to combine 3 challenges into one card. Here is the Tuesday Trigger challenge:
An Idea in Yellow from Wide Open Spaces via Pinterest

This weeks Tuesday Trigger can be found here: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/03/tuesday-trigger-idea-in-yellow.html

The second challenge is a sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge found here: http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-106.html and here is the sketch:

The third challenge was from Papertrey Ink which was to use fun foam and you can find the PTI Make it Monday #4 Challenge here:
Here is my card that came from the three challenges:

I followed the SSSC and was inspired by the Tuesday Trigger for the colors: pink, yellow and a little bit of green. For the PTI challenge I made the flower out of fun foam using two PTI dies from the Beautiful Blooms II collection and layered them together and with a small glittered flower in the middle with a gemstone.

 
I also used an embossing folder on both foam flowers. It didn't work as well as I had hoped but enough to add interest.

To finish off the flower I used a corsage pin and a leaf. Worn Lipstick distress ink was used to ink the edges of the card and both of the cardstock circles. I used two different stamp sets for the  sentiment: Mom came from Stephanie Bernard's Stamps of Life and the Thinking of You came from Inadinkado-Garden Flowers.

Choosing three different challenges for one card really made it fast and easy to make the card. I just might be doing this more often.

7 comments:

  1. A very pretty card !!! I love that you combined three challenges, WOW !! I tried to emboss the fun foam also, but with not so great results, oh well it was fun to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous..great take on both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, thanks for your sweet comment! I love the pattern papers you chose and the PTI die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on these challenges, Teresa! LOVE all your sweet, thoughtful, little embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card! i love the layered flowers and the pin. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Teresa! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.