Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cards to Share FINALLY!

I have been missing from blog land for a very, very long time. Our son became very sick last November and was hospitalized for several months. It was a very stressful time for me and not only did I not have the time for anything crafty I just didn't have any desire to create. 

But thanks for the power of prayer from all of our family and friends our son is out of the hospital and is back at work and is much better. 

I now have found a bit of creative mojo  and started making a few cards last month.
The first card is the one I made for my Dad for Father's Day.
 My Dad's birthday was also in June and I forgot to take a photo of it before I mailed it, oops!

I also had a June graduation and when I saw this card I knew I had to make a similar one:
It is such a clever idea don't you think? So I changed the color to blue and added some bling. It was fun and easy to make! I found the card on Pinterest. Go here to Two Paper Divas to find out how to make one for yourself:
  Here is a look at the inside:
 
I thought it was so clever to fold the money so it became 2015. I stamped the hat then hand cut it out to glue onto the owls head.
 This last card I just made today:
I have always admired the sunburst look but never knew how it was done. Well again I was on Pinterest and found a great tutorial video from Dawn Olchefske. I was so eager to try it out that I sat down right away to try it out. With Dawn's directions it was very simple to do and a great way to use up some scraps too.
This is just a close up so you can see the texture of the paper and a little of the shine.
I have also been working on some scrapbook pages so maybe I will have them done in a week or so to share but right now I can smell the whole chicken I put in the crockpot this morning to roast all day. It is really smelling delicious so I think it is time to take it out.

Hope you all are enjoying long summer days!

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your son is better now! How scary!! LOVING all your cards!! GORGEOUS!! That graduation one is clever!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Teresa. Love your take on the graduation card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your son is doing so much better, and I'm glad you are back online. You got right back into the swing of things with these great cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.