Friday, May 24, 2013

Inspiration From My Desk

I was in my craft room this morning cleaning off my desk of accumulated clutter from all the cardmaking I had done this week. Instead I was inspired to make one more card. It all came from bits and pieces. One was the leftover negative from the die cut I had made from my last card and I still had the extra flowers that I had stamped and started to watercolor but decided to use a different color still sitting on my desk. Then I saw a big scrap of pink and green floral pattern paper peeking out of my colored cardstock holder. It immediately crossed my mind the the three pieces looked so nice together. Well that did it. I stopped straightening things up and sat down to create a card from a scrap piece of pattern paper, a leftover die cut negative and an unfinished colored stamped image.    
 Here is my scrappy card:
I used this weeks sketch from Retro Sketches #64:
I inked up the die negative with Crushed Olive Distress ink and then inked the inside and outside edges with Walnut Stain before adhering the stamped flora image that I watercolored with distress inks. I used pop up dots to layer the framed image over the background paper and lace ribbon.   
 The butterfly is stamped on Sticky Back Canvas and painted with distress inks. I then die cut it and adhered it to the frame with pop up dots and added ivory pearls to the butterflies body.
My first thought was to leave the card without a sentiment then decided to use "Wishing You" on the lower right corner that way I still can make it for just about any occasion. I used more ivory pearls to dot the i's in wishing.
There was  a strip of the pink pattern paper leftover so decided to use it on the inside of the card and stamped the butterfly in the bottom corner. I hardly ever decorate the inside of the card. It just always seems to be a bit time consuming for me but this only took a minute to put together since the paper strip was already the right size and I had the stamp on a block ready to go.
I do think I need a break from the colors pink and green lol! I have made three cards this week with that color scheme. I think I need a change.

I wish all of you a very wonderful Memorial weekend!!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.