Friday, December 23, 2011

Quick Christmas Card Inspiration

Just a quick post to get these cards up before Christmas. I know it's too late to make cards now but maybe they can be inspiration for next years cards.

I know it's sad I make cards but don't make my Christmas cards. I only have made cards once for Christmas. I did make five cards to send this year and here are the two designs I used. I think I got both ideas from Paper Crafts magazine if I remember right.


I used a dictionary page for the background, inked the edges with Peeled Paint distress ink, used red pen stitches around the edges of card, cut a trianlgle from pattern paper for tree, used silver pen for stitches around tree, round stickers for onaments and inked Sticky Back Canvas inked with Vintage Photo distress ink. I used several different stamps on cream cardstock for the sentiment and cut them out.



Here is the second design:

 I love this card. First step I decided where I wanted the tree and used white embossing powder. Next I decided where I wanted the sentiment and where the snow was going to be and covered the rest with Glossy Accent dots for snowflakes. I let that dry for a few hours then I tore paper for the snow and held it in place as I inked the sky with Broken China distress ink.

I love how the glossy accent gives dimension to the flakes. I think you could also sprinkle with glitter before it dries.


Next I stamped the sentiment in black ink.

And to get the glittered edges I put 1/4" double sided tape along the edge of the card and sprinkled with Martha Stewart glitter. I forgot the name of the color of the glitter I used. Even my husband loved this card which is saying a lot as he usually just nods his head when I show him my latest creation. But this one he got a little excited over.

This will be my last post before Christmas so I want to wish everyone that stops by my humble blog the
Merriest Christmas Ever and a Happy New Year!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.