Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas card

I remembered I had a box of Christmas cards that we had bought a few years ago at the end of the season to use the for the following year but when I got them out to use the next year the embossed sentiment on the front had been printed upside down. At the time I didn't know what to do with them. I didn't want to throw them away so I stored them away until now.
Here is the altered card:


I had just bought the Holly Hero Arts background Stamp and the embossing folder that goes with it at the CK Convention in Nov. and thought it would match well with the holly design on the card. I love how easy it was to stamp and match it up with embossing folder.


I cut a piece of white paper to fit the gold embossed rectangle on the card and stamped it with the Hero Arts Holly background and Forest Moss Distress Ink. Then I put it in the embossing folder and ran it through the cuttlebug. I stamped the sentiment on white paper with black ink and cut around it and inked the edges with Fired Brick Distress Ink. I adhered the sentiment to middle of the embossed paper with pop up dots.

 The original design was just the gold foil embossed with Merry Christmas.

 
 
I also used some red Smooch to color the berries on the sentiment.



 Here are the embossing folder and the background cling stamp. I really love how easy it was to use them together.



So now we have 18 Christmas cards that we can now use to send to our friends and family instead of throwing them away.
Has anyone ever ran across cards printed upside down before? I worked for Hallmark Cards (the plant not a card shop) for 10 years and I don't know how a mistake like that could get through without someone catching it. At least it wasn't a Hallmark card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.