Friday, August 23, 2013

I Love You

Oops where did the sun go? It has been hiding behind some clouds this morning but is now trying to make an appearance.
I have a card today that I used three different challenges for it's inspiration.
First off here is the card:

This card makes me happy for so many reasons:
1) It's so not my style and I was flying by the seat of my pants and really had no plan for it other than the sketch and colors but I am very pleased with the outcome.
2) I finally was able to use bubble wrap! I love the look of bubble wrap but never had the right project to use it on. So I can write that off my creative bucket list. (does anyone else out there have a Creative Bucket List?)
3) It has lots of texture. I love texture and using my embossing folders. I even used a couple that had never been used which is something that always makes me happy, happy, happy!
4) And lastly I finally used  a stamp from the Inkadinkadoo set "An Affair From The Heart". I really don't know what possessed me to purchase it in the first place so many years ago 'cause it really isn't my style of stamps although they are pretty cool. Maybe for teens but not for me.
Here is sketch #307 from Mojo Monday that I used:
They always have such neat sketches and I love using them.
This is my first time playing over at A Mixed Media Color Challenge! They are new and this is only their 6th challenge. The DT has some really beautiful and inspiring work. So please drop by and give it a whirl! You'll be glad you did.
The colors for this challenge are light and bright pink and gray as your main colors. "Also this is a MIXED MEDIA color challenge therefore we would like for you to COMBINE at least TWO types of MEDIUMS (ie: paints, markers, pastes, mists, inks, etc...), in addition to the "traditional" stamped / colored image to create your project." I used distress inks and gelatos and maybe the bubble wrap counts too. :)
And for my third challenge I'm entering this in the Lawnscaping Challenge #64
For this challenge all you have to do is use any distress product or technique of your choice. Which I used distress inks which are my favorite type of inks to use.
Now a little more about the card:
 
 This is the image I used from the "An Affair From the Heart" stamp set. It's stamped on white CS with Dove Gray Memento Ink. A Spellbinder's die was used to die cut it and emboss. Finally the edges are inked in Pumice Stone distress ink.
Actually the first thing I did was to stamp the white card base with the bubble wrap. I don't know how others do it but I just swiped the Picked Raspberry distress ink pad directly on the bubble wrap then turned it over and layed it on the CS and gently pressed on it. Love, love the look!
Next I made the two triangles for the corners with light gray CS and layered the gray with light pink CS and ran layered triangles through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. Next I used the inking tool and Picked Raspberry DI to highlight the raised parts of the embossing and adhered the finished triangles to the card base. The banners were made from white CS and ran through the Cuttlebug in three different embossing folders. Then I used a gray and pink gelatos to add color to the banners and a bit of water . I find that if you are using regular CS instead of watercolor paper it is best just to spray some water on your mat and dip your finger in the droplets and blend the gelatos instead of directly spaying your CS with water. The CS tends to get too wet that way.

 The sentiment is from The Stamps of Life, Banners 4 All stamp set. I had wiped some of the gray Gelato on a scrap piece white CS to test it so I just used to stamp the sentiment on and punched it out with a CM circle punch, layered it on a light pink piece of CS that had been stamped with the Envelope HA stamp in Picked Raspberry and ran through the Cuttlebug with a Spellbinder's die. The edges are also inked with the Pumice Stone. I added a dark pink gem to the o in the word You.
And lastly I thought the top right corner of the focal image needed something so I got out my Tim Holtz Idea-ology  Gears and instead of using a brad in the center I used dark pink gems to match the one I used in the sentiment. I then inked the edges of the card to frame it and pull it altogether.

I think I will be sending this card to my daughter. This summer she had two summer classes and was working two jobs and moved right before finals so she was pretty stressed out. Thought it would be nice to let her know we love her and our proud of her.

Sorry this post turned out to be so long. Thanks for sticking with me to the end. :)

Have a great weekend!

Teresa







9 comments:

  1. Love the mixed media, Teresa - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-234.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, your daughter is going to LOVE this super trendy card you made for her! LOVE how you used the bubble wrap and played with your gelatos and distress ink! Lots of FAB texture, too! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Teresa! Love all the texture and layers! Great use of the bubble wrap! Your daughter will surely treasure this! Thanks so much for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layers on this - pretty embossings - love all the little banners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous texture and layering! thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the mixture of elements you used! Amazing job!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool distressing!!!! Awesome!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look at that distressing, it looks so smooth, perfect!

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, fabulous, love all the textures and details. You rocked this sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.