Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Annual Summer Camping Trip

Hello to all on this wonderful Wednesday morning! I am finally getting around to posting our camping adventure from a week and a half ago.
 We were at Lincoln State Park in Eastern WA. This was our third year of going there with a group of friends. We are all about the same age and so are the kids. View from the door of our trailer.
 I love the brown rolling hills that surround us.
 It sprinkled a bit the day we got there and it produced a rainbow.
 I couldn't quite get both ends of the rainbow in the picture.
 So here is the other end.
 I can't believe I didn't get a picture of our new truck we bought just a little over a week before we left for our trip. Will have to fix that on our next trip. Loved having that big evergreen tree there to block the wind. It can get very windy especially in the evenings and it did blow one night and even the big tree couldn't block it all.
 Actually it was double rainbow but it was so faint I don't think you can see it in either of these two photos.
 The second rainbow would be to the left of the one you can see.

 This was just some grass that I thought was cool looking and I meant to get some better photos of but never did. Too busy relaxing and having fun.
 This is one of the docks and boats our group had and the sky was so much prettier in real life.
 The clouds were very pretty colors that first evening.
 We spent most nights star gazing either out in the boat or in the campsite watching for falling stars. We didn't see as many as we usually do and we missed a couple of nights because it was too cloudy. But we did have a great light show with the heat lightning and lots of thunder to go with it.
We enjoyed the many fruit stands that were just down the road from the State Park. The sweet corn was the best I have tasted in a long time. I think we must have had sweet corn for dinner at least three times that week. Just couldn't get enough of it. We always grab a box of fresh peaches to bring home with us so I can make fresh peach pie and this year we grabbed some of that yummy corn.
We've already eaten the two pies I've made and I made a couple of pie fillings to put them in the freezer so I can make fresh peach pies this winter. I am also just freezing several sliced peaches to use in smoothies. My favorite smoothie is a peach, banana and frozen mango with yogurt and a touch of honey. It is sooo delicious.

That is it for now. Enjoy your day!

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing trip. I would have loved reading a book by the dock. And your smoothie sounds super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of your trip, looks like a nice cam;ping spot! I was never a fan of eastern WA, so was a snob and stayed in the western section LOL Leavenworth is about as far east as I ever wanted to go :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.