Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am so excited to have something creative to share with you all once again. It has been forever since I have made a card. Although I have been crocheting a bit the last two or so days.
Any way yesterday I finally felt a creative spark and cranked out three cards. I made them all thank you cards as that is what I needed. I have found it very difficult to make any cards since I have a very tiny space to work in and a very limited amount of supplies. I will have to take a picture of my temporary space. I can't wait to get back to my craft room!!
It was kind of hard finding my creative groove again so I am not exactly happy with the out come of the cards. I guess it will take a bit of time to get my mojo going again.
For my first card I used the March sketch from A Blog Named Hero (http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-sketch.html)
And here is my creation:
 For all three cards I used my new DCWV Cafe Mediterranean matstack.
I love the hummingbird and floral print. I used Walnut Stain distress ink on all the edges and used the Fiskar Treading Water border punch.
The heart is from an Autumn Leaves Heart and Star stamp set. I stamped the heart on pattern paper with Versa Mark Watermark ink and used clear embossing powder. I then cut it out and inked the edges before adhering it with pop up dots to the card. I forgot to add the twine so I just added a strip of pattern paper. Actually come to think of it I don't have any twine with me so I would have had to use paper anyway.

For my second card I used  sketch #201 ...

It's a pretty simple card, actually all three are pretty simple cards.
I just used a Spellbinders die and white cardstock to stamp the sentiment on and inked the edges with Firebrick Red distress ink and used popup dots to adhere it to the card.

And for my last card I used this sketch...
...from Freshly Made Sketches .

And here is my last card:
 Again another quick and simple card. By the time I finished this card I had ran out of sun and had to take these last two photos outside.
I used Spellbinder dies where I stamped two flowers (Inkadinkado- Doodle Flowers) and the the "thanks so much" sentiment (Papertrey Ink) in black ink. I popped up the sentiment in the middle of the flowers.and three layers of pattern paper.

I wanted to make a fourth card but ran out of time. Maybe I will get to it today but right now I need to get back to some house work. You know mundane things like the morning dishes, laundry and groceries.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting. Hope to hear from you again soon!

Teresa

6 comments:

  1. All three cards are so fun! Love the combination of patterns you used on the Unscripted sketch. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards! Thanks for playing along with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "pretty simple cards".....ah, more like absolutely stunning cards!!! Had I not read your post, there is no way that I would have guessed that you are working with limited supplies! Being resourceful (like the paper instead of twine) is what crafting is all about and when you can make three beauties like this with limited supplies, I give you a big Whoo Yooo cuz they are fabulous! It is so nice to see your handiwork again Teresa. Of course, I LOVE seeing all your pics too.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice papers and thanks for joining us at Unscripted sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards - great paper choices! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of these are so pretty! I like how you used the paper strip instead of ribbon on the ABNH sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.