Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Cheery Thanks So Much


Hello! I have a very bright and cheery card to share with you today.
In my last post I mentioned that I had another card I had wanted to make but had run out of time. Well today I got around to using this Mojo Monday Sketch #284

And here is the card I came up with:
 I changed it up a bit from the sketch but it still is very similar.
I used a stamped tag for the focal image instead of a circle. I did some white pen stitching along some of the edges and stamped the sentiment in black ink. I couldn't find a stamp to go inside the tag so I just picked an over sized flower and cut off the excess on the top and sides. I used Watermark ink and white embossing powder on the flower to match the graphic red and white raised pattern paper. I adhered the ribbon bow to the tag instead of at the top on the strip of ribbon and I used pop up dots to adhere the tag slightly askew.

Thank to all of those who have left such kind comments on my last post. They warm my heart.
Have a wonderful day!

Teresa


3 comments:

  1. Love that white embossing, Teresa - thanks for linking up at 52 Card Pickup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? You hand drew the stitiching! OMG - it's perfect!!!

    The tag is spectacular! I love how you used only a portion of the flower stamp. It is little things like this that seem to take a card to a funky, trendy look. Perfectly tied bow (I'm jealous) and beautiful placement of the pearls. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super sweet! Love your design and beautiful embossing!!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.