Monday, October 15, 2012

A Sympathy Card

Hello blogland! I have been away for a while taking a break after helping to make over a hundred cards to send out for our service men and women for the upcoming holidays. I just think I needed a creative break. I'm jumping back in slowly.
 
I made a sympathy card for a friend whom I have known since grade school. Her mother passed away from  her battle with cancer. I should have made this card last week but I always find myself putting off making sympathy cards. I finally sat down last night and got it started then finished it up this morning.
Here is the card: 
 
My inspiration for this card came from a card from Karen Giron. I made a few adjustments besides using different papers and colors. I switched the bow and tag to the right side and placed the focal image more to the left and I left off the gemstones under the border on the right side.
I also left off the wonderful sewing that Karen does on everyone of her cards. My sewing machine is in the back of our hall closet so I rarely bring it out. I wish I had room for it to sit out in my craft room but I don't see that happening any time soon.
 The stamped image is from Inkadinkadoo and was stamped with Versamark watermark ink and embossed using white embossing powder. I then used a Spellbinders die and cut it out of the white cardstock. I then inked the circle with Broken China, Dried Marigold, and Peeled Paint distress inks. The edge is inked with Vintage Photo distress ink. I then adhered it to kraft cardstock that had been cut with another Spellbinders die.
I wrapped the border with twine and tied a bow. I added a paper flower to the middle of the bow and the sentiment on the vanilla tag was created on the computer and the border punch is from Fiskar.

Well I think we are back to our regular Pacific Northwest weather. It has been raining since yesterday and it's been a steady rain pretty much all afternoon. Looks like it's here to stay for a while.

Take care and come back for a visit soon.

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Teresa,

    Beautiful card. I struggle a bit with sympathy cards as well.


    You mentioned in your comment on my blog that you found the perfect mac and cheese recipe. Would you be willing to share? Either post it here or email it to me. You can find my email on my blog under the email tab at the top.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.