Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Saturday!!

The plan was to post this early Friday but I found out that we are having guest staying with us on Monday so I needed to spruce up the quest room. Well, one thing led to another and I ended up washing the window and screen and since I was doing the one bedroom window I might as well do ours and before I knew it it was 5:30 and time to leave for the rodeo at the fairgrounds.The rodeo was fun and exciting as usual. You just never know what is going to happen. So now it is after 11:00 PM and I'm ready to just sit and type.
I am sharing another note card set that I made as a gift for a friend. No sketch was used just something I came up with on my own.  
I fell in love the blue and green colors of the note cards. Here is how the note card looks like plain:
I have a floral stamp set from Martha Stewart that seemed to match the roses on  card so I stamped eight flowers on white cardstock with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Here is a tip when using distress inks: If you want a more crisp image first ink your stamp with VersaMark watermark ink then ink the stamp again with whatever color of distress ink you want and you will get a crisp image instead of a distressed image. You don't have to reink the stamp with the VersaMark ink just keep using it with the distress ink of your choice.
I then fussy cut out the flower.

Next I stamped the 16 leaves with VersaMark watermark ink on light green paper, embossed with clear embossing powder and cut them out.
 For the fishtail banner I cut the banners out then used the Swiss Dot embossing folder. I could get three of them in the embossing folder so it didn't take long at all to do the embossing.
 I used Papertrey Ink sentiments with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on white cardstock. I stamped all the sentiments at once on scraps of white cardstock then hand cut the banners.
I even stamped the flower on to the front of the envelopes using VersaMark watermark ink and clear embossing powder. Pretty simple and quick to do but really looks nice.
So after all the inking, embossing and cutting it was a cinch to make the cards. I just used glue dot to adhere the two leaves together and another glue dot to adhere the leaves to the back of the flower. I then used foam squares on the back of the flower. Next I adhered the blue embossed banner to the card and adhered the flower to the left side of the banner. And lastly I glued the sentiment in the middle of the blue banner. It didn't take long to get them all put together once I had everything stamped and cut. 
Here I was just trying to catch the glitter that was already on the note cards.They really are so pretty.
 
Well thats it for today.
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Teresa
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! All that fussy cutting must have taken you hours to do! Thanks for the tip with the Versamark....something I did not know! I love the big, bold sentiment banner - it really draws attention to the flower! Nice camping pics too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.