Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Your Sew Special

 My "Your Sew Special" card was made using Mojo Monday Sketch 236. If you would like to play along here is the link : http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2012/04/mojo-monday-236.html
And I used the Tuesday Trigger from the Moxie Fab World for color inspiration:
Three Little Birds
And here is the card:
I used the colors from the photo and a stamp from this Hero Arts stamp set:
I stamped the image onto Solar White Neenah paper. I love how intense the ink comes out when I use this paper. I stamped it again and cut out the three spools and wrapped a different color of floss around each spool. I die cut the stamped image using Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Rectangles and embossed it. I then cut another larger rectangle out of Stormy Sky CS for a mat. I inked the white paper around the edges with Antique Linen to age it a bit and also the spools I had fussy cut. Next I adhered the wrapped spools onto the matching stamped images. The floss gave enough depth to the spools so I didn't need to use foam dots. I also inked the the edges of both mats with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
For the background I used kraft colored cs and a Tim Holtz Alteration embossing folder and to grunge it up a bit I used an ink blending tool to add a little ink to the raised portion.
Isn't this a darling bow? Wish I could say I made it but the bow is pre-made and has been in my stash for a very long time waiting for just the right card. All I did was add a white button to the bow. For the border behind the stamped image I used Peeled Paint cs and layered a strip of kraft cs that had been embossed with stitches from another Tim Holtz Alterations embossing border. I also inked the edges of the strip with Vintage Photo distress ink and added brown rick rack to the top of the border.
I have had so much fun doing all kinds of challenges the last couple of weeks. I have been whipping out a card or so a night so my stash of cards is quickly growing. I must say these challenges are addicting. If you haven't tried a challenge you should. There are sooo many out there that you can find one that meets your needs. I also find out that I use more of a variety from my stash. Which is a very good thing :)
What is it that you like about challenges?
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful evening.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! Love the way you threaded the spools!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Teresa - LOVE how you have threaded the spools :) Many thanks for dropping by my blog to - much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Teresa! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.