Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tea for Two You and Me

While in blog land I have found some new blog challenges. Now I love DCWV paper so you can imagine my excitement when I found this blog DCWV Diary. They have a new template challenge for a scrapbook page and for the first time they now have a card template too. You can check it out here: http://dcwvinc.blogspot.com/2012/04/april-stack-holic-challenges.html
I have already made my card:
 I used The Linen Closet matstacks and The Linen Closet cards and envelopes from DCWV. This is my all time favorite matstack from DCWV.
And here is the sketch they gave us.
I found this sketch easy to use when I paired it with the DCWV cardstock and this stamp set from Hero Arts:
Now no one will probably recognize this set as I have had it for years in fact I think it is one of the first stamps I bought. The date on the stamp says 1995. I bought this stamp set to make my daughters birthday invites. I remember we had a tea party for her birthday that year and I had so much fun putting it on for her. I even made a tea pot cake.
I have been wanting to use older stamps that I haven't used in ages and make them new again and I thought this was a great set to start with. 
I chose the stamp with the tea pot and sentiment and stamped it on white cardstock with black ink then I die cut and embossed it with a spellbinder die and my cuttlebug. I used a light brown cardstock with another die then ran it through the Swiss Dot embossing folder.
Next I lightly sanded the raised dots which left them white since the DCWV paper has a white core. I used a blue marker to color each white dot.
I used pattern paper and a small strip of blue paper to make the border.
I used a scarp of blue cardstock to stamp the "tea for two" sentiment and inked the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink. The sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink.
I added pearls to random flowers on the cards background.
Let me know if you have any old stamps that you have used lately and given them new life. I would love to see what you have created with them.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! I don't think any of those images would ever go out of date, they are gorgeous! Love the way you coloured the embossed dots too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.