Monday, April 16, 2012

Special Wishes

Two more cards to share today. First up is a birthday card and I stamped the envelope to match!

I used a sketch from MFT:

I found the green scalloped cs in my scraps and decided to start my card with it since it matched the sketch perfectly. Then I found some pp to match it.
I used the happy birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the cs and pp together. I stamped the image on white cs with black ink.

I wanted to do something else besides using watercolor pencils. I then remembered that I had bought some Glaze pens way back last Nov and hadn't used them yet. So I used them to color in the stars, flowers, cupcake liner, cherry and outlined the frosting with clear Glaze.
Maybe if you click on the pics to enlarge them you might be able to see the shine and just a tad of dimension. It's almost like embossing with a pen. So cool and easy to use. It really dries quick too.

For my second card I used a sketch from I Spy Sketch Challenge. Here is the link http://ispysketches.blogspot.com/2012/04/issc11-with-julia-stainton.html and here is the sketch:


 I thought it would make a good 4th of July card and here is the card and envelop:
I have been seeing a lot of card makers using vellum lately so I decided to dig mine out and picked this embossed star vellum paper as the background for my image. I used dark red and blue pp under the vellum.
 I stamped the image onto white cs then die cut it with a Spellbinders die and embossed it and did the same with the blue mat. I again used the Glaze pens to color the image and put gold pearls in each corner of the blue mat.
 Here I tried to show the shine and dimension of the glaze. I like how you can see the detail of the black stitching even after it was colored over with the red glaze pen.

I at first was just going to use the scalloped red dot ribbon but it just didn't look right so I tried using the white ribbon but that didn't look good either. Then a light bulb went off I and I layered them together and that did the trick.
 
I stamped the sentiment onto white cs with black ink and trimmed it into a banner added a button threaded with gold thread.
 Thanks for dropping by and hope you had a great Monday.


4 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are adorable!!!! I love the sweet little cupcake image and the pretty colors on the first one and what a fun flag/US image on the second...perfect for July 4th!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these cards, but my favourite is the first one. I just love cupcakes :) And the colours are beautiful! I really like the effect of the embossing on the patterned paper, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the Bless the USA card. Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 4th of July card! For some reason I think of picnics and warm sunny weather when I think of it and I'm a Canadian :D Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.