Thursday, November 3, 2011

Card From a Sketch

This morning as I was taking a lap around the internet I came across a sketch for a card that caught my eye. I needed a sympathy card and I knew what colors and papers I wanted to use and that I wanted to use fall leaves. So when I saw this card sketch over at Sketch Support with Allison Davis ( http://www.sketchsupport.com/2011/11/card-week-part-4.html ) I knew it would be perfect.

Here is how it turned out:

Here is a close up of the rosette and leaf:



The rosette is made with Tim Holtz rosette mini die. The leaf is made from water color paper and I used three different colors of distress inks as watercolors by just pressing each of the ink pads on my craft mat and spritzing with water. I then pressed the paper in the three different colors until I was happy with they way it looked and I used a paint brush to fill in a few places. I then spritzed the paper with Perfect Pearls mixed with water. I then inked the edges of the leaf with Walnut Stain distress ink before ahereing it to the rosette.


I love the look of banners and had fun picking out the papers for them. The banners were all made from scraps from making other fall cards. I decided to go with pattern paper as a mat.


For the sentiment I chose vanilla paper that I stamped with a flourish stamp using Versa Mark ink. I then went over the paper with Antique Linen distress ink. I distressed the edges then inked them with Walnut Stain distress ink. I also used Walnut Stain to stamp the sentiment too. I used pop up dots to adhere it to the card.


I then glued the rosette onto the sentiment. I thought the card still looked like it needed a little something else so I added the jute bow in the corner and inked the outside edge of the card with Walnut Stain and called it good.


I do not like making sympathy cards so I was wondering if any of you find it hard too?






1 comment:

  1. Sympathy cards are the hardest for me to make. I know that the person I am sending it to is hurting. A card doesn't make the pain go away but it lets them know we are thinking of them and are there if they need us, when they need us. This is a beautiful card and know it will be a comfort to whoever you are sending it to. Thanks for the link to sketch support. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.