Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finally Something Crafty

I finally have a card to share with you today!
 I made these thank you cards for my husbands retirement from serving 30 years in the United States Coast Guard. I had to make quite a few so I wanted them to be fairly simple.
 I used Spellbinders Large Rectangles Nestabilities and my cuttlebug to emboss the card with a rectangle.

 Next I punched a large red star and a small blue star with Spellbinders Star Nestabilities and adhered the blue star to the middle of the red star. I then used a cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss both stars together.
Here is what the stars looked like after spraying them with a mixture of Perfect Pearls and water.  After the stars were dry I adhered them to the upper left corner of the embossed rectangle on the card.  I then stamped thank you in red inside the embossed rectangle.
I love how you can just emboss with Spellbinders to frame your sentiment. This is the first time I have done it and really am pleased with the results and how easy it was. Here is a tip: I used a couple of tiny bits of scotch tape to hold the die in place while cutting.
It was also the first time I had layered shaped pieces together and embossed them at once. I really like the look.
If you would like you can share something new you have tried and tell me if it is something you would like to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.