Wednesday, March 3, 2010

St. Patrick Cards



I have been in the mood to make cards and decided to make some St. Patrick Day cards.
I brought out all of my scraps of green pattern and solid cardstock scraps and punched out lots of shamrocks. The solid ones I ran through my emobssing machine to add a little texture. Next I brought out my white scraps and punched white squares which I put a shamrock in the middle then backed the white square onto gold paper again using scraps. I then used a scalloped square punch in a pattern paper to back the gold square. I then mounted the finished square onto a larger white cardstock and used a gold pen to so some "stitching" around it. Next I used a border punch on gold paper to create the border on the bottom of the white cardstock. The last step was to mount it onto green paper 1/4 inch smaller than the finished card.
I used scraps for every shamrock and punched square. It makes me happy to use up my scrap stash. Making cards is a great way to use your scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.