Friday, June 8, 2012

Back Home

I'm back after being away for over a week. I decided to go back with my daughter to AZ. We just didn't feel comfortable for her to drive over 1,300 miles by herself.  She had a friend with her on the drive up but they had to fly back to AZ before she did. We drove 13 hours the first day and 9 hours the second day. We only stopped when we needed gas for the car.

 I spent some time in Gilbert with our friends for four days before flying home. It was sooo hot there in Arizona, 111 degrees the first day I was there then it "cooled down" to 103 the rest of the time. I wanted to be outside with all the sunshine but it was just too hot to enjoy the sun.

I didn't take many photos along the way but here are a few that I took from the car as we ticked off the miles.
(Click on any one of the photos to get a better look.)
All these photos were taken in Utah.
This was the our second day of driving and I was bored so I just started snapping some photos to pass the time.
 Thought this rock formation was kinda cool.
 Lots of lonely stretches of road for miles and miles.
 Lake Powell in Utah.
 More of Lake Powell as we whizzed by.
 One last shot of the lake.

Glad to be back home which is such a contrast to Utah and Arizona:

 Here it is so lush and green
 with bright colors from all the beautiful plants that grow so well
 from all the rain we get throughout the year. I know we complain that we don't see the sun often enough and it is still only in the 50's and 60's most of the time still but at least everything is beautiful.
I am so thankful to live in such a beautiful place and to be safely back home.

Teresa

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.