Friday, March 23, 2012

Sweet Cupcake Shaped Card

I made this cute cupcake shaped card for our nephews little boy who is celebrating his first birthday this weekend. I wasn't sure what to use for a little boys card. So after looking through some of my Papercrafts magazines I thought a shaped cupcake card was just the ticket.  
Next I decided on what colors I should use and decided on a chocolate cake with an orange cupcake paper liner. I wanted some fun colors that would make a cute little boy card and picked Animal Crackers Matstack from DCWV.
The designs and colors are so fun in this matstack! 
The die I used to make the cupcake card is from Papertrey Ink. I love how the liner is embossed.
I used the Swiss Dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug to emboss the cupcake then I used Glossy Accent on the dots to make them shiny. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the candle and a Creative Memories star punch.
I used foam adhesive on the star and the happy birthday sentiment for some added dimension. I love the paper the star is punched from.
Hope Logan enjoys his card and birthday.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card. And yes, boy cards are much harder than girl cards. With three grandsons, I am making some progress.

    Thanks for coming by and commenting. I'm following you now. Would love it if you followed back.

    lindalou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful 1st birthday card, Teresa! Love the sweet cupcake shape!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.