Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blue Ribbon Anniversary Card

A good friend of mine is celebrating their 21st wedding anniversary this week and I thought it would be fun to make them a card to help celebrate the occasion. I can count on one hand how many anniversary cards I have made so I don't have much experience in this area of card making. So I grabbed a couple of Paper Crafts magazines to thumb through for some quick inspiration. I didn't have to look far. The first magazine I picked up was a recent publication, 350 Cards & Gifts. When I came to page 35 I fell in love with the Lovely Note Card Set by Lucy Abrams. I thought it would make a perfect anniversary card. 

I stuck pretty close to how she made hers with just a few minor changes. She made a set of four 41/4" x 51/2" note cards in pastel colors. Since I only needed one card I chose to do my card in blue and I changed the card size to 5" x 61/2"
I started with a blue cardstock base the size of the card. I chose a Hero Art stamp, Flourish which I inked up with Versa Mark ink and stamped on kraft cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder.On her note cards Lucy stamped on the kraft paper using white ink and no embossing.
I cut the stamped kraft cardstock to the size I needed.

 I then chose a scalloped border bunch with a heart in each scallop which I thought fitting for an anniversary card.

  I then tied a blue satin ribbon onto the embossed kraft cardstock towards the top and then adhered it to the white scalloped edged paper and adhered that on top of the blue cardstock. I adhered that to the card base. I decided to add a stick pin I had decorated with gold tulle and a clear bead and stuck it through the bow.


Lastly I stamped the sentiment Happy Anniversary in black Staz On ink on a white banner and inked the edges of the banner with Broken China Distress Ink and attached the banner with pop dots to the bottom of the card.

I love Lucy's note card set and love the white ink on kraft paper and have many ideas to make more of this lovely set. So don't be surprised to see more of these.

PS Sorry for the straight out of the camera photos. I am not using my computer so I didn't have any photo editing software to do any editing. I couldn't even crop them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.