Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Wedding Dove

Hello my friends. I just remembered a card I had made last week and forgot to share it with you all. Shame on me!

My son told me he had a coworker getting married and if I could make a wedding card and he needed it by Friday (this was Thursday evening he was asking me). Of course I said yes and went straight away to my craft room.

I had pinned this card from Pinterest to my  board not too long ago:
...and it had been in my head ever since.
 
Two things caught my eye when I saw this darling card: the Swiss Dot embossing, which is one of my favorite embossing folders and the pretty green color. I also loved how the sentiment was framed by the scalloped borders and thought what a lovely wedding card it would make and now here was my chance to make one with it.
 
When I had asked my son if he liked the green color scheme he said he had a light blue in mind. So making a few changes this is how my card came out:

Sorry the photos are not that great. I had to do it at night so no natural lighting on this card.
 
I used pretty silver sparkly paper for the die cut leaves instead of green since I wanted the blue to be the only color and I had to cut a few branches apart to get the placement just right. I exchanged the butterfly for a dove since it seemed more appropriate for a wedding card.
Here you can see how pretty the silver paper is and I sprayed the dove with Dazzling Diamonds Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and added a silver pearl for the doves eye.
 
I hope you enjoy your day and thanks so much for dropping by!
 
Teresa


1 comment:

  1. What a pretty and elegant card! I really love the sparkle and the embossing is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.