Tuesday, October 8, 2013

'Tis The Season

Just a quick post on this rainy day.
This is my first Christmas card for the season thanks to the new Christmas challenge over at 'Tis The Season
Here is their very first sketch!
 
I did a lot of inking of all the edges with Vintage Photo, Antique Linen and Fired Brick Distress Inks.
 Snowflake stamps and die are Papertrey Ink, Peace Be Still set.
I added a few gemstones to the bottom flake and I used lace ribbon.
If you are looking for some Christmas inspiration stop by 'Tis The Season and see what their DT has for inspiration.

Hope all my blog friends are having a great week! I have been cooking comfort food this week. Things like pumpkin pie, Chicken Pot Pie and tonight I'm making an apple pie. It's just that time of year.

Teresa



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! LOVING the colors and the lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to help you get started on your Xmas cards.. This came out great I really like how you used the sketch! Thanks for joining us at 'Tis The Season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, I think your first card for the season turned out great! I love the added sponging. I'm a big sponger myself! Thanks for playing with us at 'Tis The Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Teresa!! The papers are fantastic and I love the snowflakes! I'm with Sara, I love to sponge also. My daughter tells me I have a sponging problem LOL

    I am so glad you joined us at 'Tis The Season, you know I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Be Still"....my beating heart! Seriously sent my heart pitter-pattering faster than it ever flutters! Beautiful collection of DP - love the sponged edges and the pretty additon of the lace!

    Soooo....which day works best for us to come for supper? Pumpkin pie, apple pie, CHICKEN POT PIE....we can be there in 5 minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vintage feel of this and the sponging is perfect to give it that antique look! A beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at our first challenge at 'Tis the Season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sentiment and vintage feel of this card! I, too, and a big fan of the sponging. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card. It's so…not the obvious Christmas card. So beautiful and subtle. Love it and it's a perfect interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, I love your Christmas cared! Were you able to get some more made before Christmas? Hope all is well with you!
    hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.