Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pretty Blue Birthday Card

I made this card back in January for my mother-in-laws birthday and forgot to post it. So here it is now:

 My inspiration for this was a sketch and made only a few minor changes. I used a heart shape instead of a circle. I thought the doily was too white to go with the paper I was using (which by the way is called Linen Closet from DCWV) so I inked it with distress ink.

I die cut a heart with a spellbindes die, inked the edges and stamped the sentiment in brown ink then adhered it to the heart doily. I also inked the edges of the flower and added pearls to the center.


For the banner sentiment I just stamped it on white paper trimmed the one end into a v shape, inked the edges and tucked it under the doily a little bit. I love the papers from the Linen Closet! They are so pretty.

I have a couple of other cards that I made back in January that I will post in the next few days. We are getting ready to put in new counters in the kitchen so it may be a few days before I get around to posting them. But I will eventually get them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.