Friday, July 31, 2015

A Set of Four

Good morning! A few post back I shared a card that used a sunburst technique and gave the link to where I found the tutorial. Well, I love the technique so much that I have made a few more cards.
They are similar but slightly different.
This one I used a chipboard flower and inked it with blue and green ink then sprinkled clear embossing powder and melted it with the heat gun. While it was still warm I sprinkled more embossing powder and heated it again.
 I put the focal point in the middle of the card and I had a small piece of the twine leftover that was just long enough to make a small bow.
 I put the sentiment in the middle of the scalloped circle instead of on the right bottom corner of the card.
 I again put the focal point in the center and on this card I inked the edges of the inside mat with dark blue ink.


 This last card is my favorite. I love the chipboard butterfly. I inked the butterfly with blue ink and again sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and used a heat gun to melt the powder. I did it one more time so I had two layers of embossing powder. I then added the big pearls to the body.
I like how the chipboard still shows through in some areas of the butterfly. In real life it is really shiny and looks so much prettier.

I also made a wedding card in black and white using the sunburst. I think it turned out so nice in the black and white pattern paper.

Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful weekend.

Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.