Friday, March 30, 2012

Mojo Monday Sweet Bunny

Here it is Friday and I just made my first card of the week! I loved the sketch from Mojo Monday and have had this card on my mind all week long. Here is the sketch:
Cute sketches. They give you a choice of going square or round. I chose square for my card and here is what I came up with:
I have to admit I pretty much copied this card from Mary and you can see her super cute card here:
http://www.stampinpretty.com/2012/03/mojo-234-easter-bunny-punch-art.html She also has a video showing you how to make the bunny and more.
Here are the punches I used for the bunny and I also used Creative Memories Custom Cutting System for the oval shape since I didn't have an oval punch. You can see how the bunny pieces looked before I assembled him.
What I did different besides using different paper and punches was I used  a pink mat behind the vertical strips of paper, used rickrack and lace instead of ribbon, and used flowers with pearl centers instead of the cute buttons that Mary used.
I also inked the edges of the bunny with Vintage Photo distress ink and added a gemstone heart for his tail and a grass border that I ran through an embossing folder (Swiss Dot). I had to cut away a blade of grass so it wouldn't cover his cute tail.
I have only two more Easter cards to make and get in the mail before Easter so I had better get hoppin'.
Enjoy your weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.