Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sweet Potato Minestrone Soup

Thought I would share a new recipe I tried from Demarle. In case you haven't heard of Demarle, it is a company in France that made it's start from producing and selling professional silicone bake ware to companies like Cheesecake Factory and Subway just to name a few. A few years ago they started selling through direct home sales for the everyday cook.
Anyways I was wanting to change from using white potatoes all the time and was looking for recipes that had sweet potatoes which are healthier for you when I came across this recipe. It calls for one of Demarle's herb seasonings but I didn't have any so I subsituted Mrs Dash herb blend and it was kind of bland. The next time I made it I used Italian Seasoning. It was much better and made the recipe a keeper.

Demarle Sweet Potato Minestrone Soup
Makes 7-1 1/2 cup servings
1/2 lb lean ground trukey
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
3 cups water
2 cups peeled sweet potato, diced
2 -14 oz cans No-Salt diced tomatoes (I only used 1 can) and their liquid
1-15 oz can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp. Demarle Herb Blend, your choice (I used Italian Seasoning)
1/2 tsp coarsely ground white or black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
8 cups spinach, coarsley chopped
Grated Parmesan
 Combine meat, onion, carrots and celery in saucepan over medium heat. Saute' for 7 minutes, stirring until meat is browned. Add water and all remaining ingredients except for the spinach. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes or until vegtables are tender. Stir in spinach; cook for an additional 2 minutes. Pour into bowls and top with grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

Sorry there are no photos of the soup. I didn't think to take any.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.